Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010: The Year in Review


I'm blessed beyond measure to still be able to blog in 2011. The past year has been rich with experiences, lessons, trials but most of all, blessings and mercies from God. I'd like to take this time to list down the strongest (as well as weakest) twists in our life in the year 2010.

Life always has its ups and downs and since I want to save the best for last, I'd start with the weakest twists in the year 2010 for me:

  • I got excited about being pregnant again, but later found out it was a blighted ovum. (This turned out to be one mercy I cannot deny as God protected me from what was going to be a tragedy.)
  • I wasn't sharing the gospel to those I have always grieved about... (God willing, this year I'll be bold.)
  • We haven't been faithful with tithing. (God, help us realize this is stealing from You!)
  • We still have a lot of debt... (Above is the reason being!)
  • I haven't committed to serving the Lord through the church and others.
  • I allowed myself to be consumed altogether by bitterness and anger. (A learned behavior, unfortunately...but God has been working on this area to bring me victory over it!)
On the brighter side,
  • My husband landed a job as a dialysis RN in Houston.
  • I found a church family. (Finally...)
  • I left my nursing career to stay at home full time with the kids. (I'm blogging about it, too!)
  • We started homeschooling.
  • Little Ryan and Rachel were provided godly friends they can grow with.
  • I was given godly friends that made 2010's journey here a lot sweeter.
  • The kids are loving the Lord and growing in wisdom and knowledge of Him.
  • God has provided me with His strength for every single tribulation I've met.
  • I've been given grace to love HIM more and more.
I know there were much more blessings and mercies than what I've listed above. Those were only the highlights in 2010. I am praying to continue to become more and more in love with my Savior and to share His Truth to family and friends (even if some of them despise me already... hahaha). I am praying to see someone very, very dear to me fully grasp the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ this year. I'm praying to become a better steward of the children God has provided me and I'm praying to continue to walk according to His righteousness sustained only by His grace and new mercy each day.

My prayer is to see my own family, friends and relatives open up to the Truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ and to radically love Him above everything else that is in this lifetime! 

May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you all always... Be blessed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin