Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Reason to Live

It's 2011 and I know the years have passed us by as quickly as one can snap one's fingers. Our lives is truly but a vapor, here for a while and then vanishes (James 4:14). Many of us are living this life pursuing vain and meaningless things (Ecclesiastes 1:2) and most of us will spend eternity in Hell wondering where we went wrong when we have, all this time, thought ourselves to be "christians".

This morning I was listening to a hymn that has really made me pause because the first couple of lines described my life. I grew up in a country that's been tagged as the only Christian nation in Southeast Asia but never, in all honesty, have I really lived up to that name. In fact, I breezed away in my own happy stupor of sinfulness and never really cared about the bits of truth about God that I was taught growing up. I'm living life just like the way the following lines in the hymn described it...

Years I've spent in vanity and pride
Caring not my Lord was crucified


Have you ever stopped and really thought about the reason for your living? Why does the Word of God tell us in Ecclesiastes that ALL is meaningless? Are you also living life right now caring not that the LORD was crucified?

Here is a video I came across with this morning that spoke to me like it's never done before. It's a very familiar song to us but I hope that as you listen to it today you will let it speak to you and change your life's point of view.












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin