Monday, August 24, 2009

Becoming a giant slayer...

If I haven't raised up my arms and surrendered everything to my God, I wouldn't be where I am right now. The past few weeks I spiraled into depression as my circumstances grew dimmer by the day. I honestly have lost focus on the ability of my God to take care of me and my family and thus have allowed myself to focus on the giants in my life instead. Yet, sometimes God allows us to face giants in this life alone and feeling helpless so as to give us victory not from our might but from His.


I have yet to see a day when I don't stand in awe of the greatness and goodness of God in our lives. Every single time we pass through the deserts of our lives, God will always be there to help us if we just let Him. God is able to get us through the fiery furnace unharmed just as he did Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. The only factor that is important whenever we want victory in our lives over our grim situations is to put our trust in the promises of Him who sits on the throne in heaven! He who was able to give David victory over Goliath is as ready to make us into giant slayers in this life! All we need to do is blow him up so big in the picture of our circumstances that as He becomes so big, everything else - every problem, every need, every concern, becomes so puny before the able and mighty God.

I am putting up a little contest at this time. I want to share a blessing in the midst of tribulations. I have with me a book entitled "Facing your Giants" by Max Lucado and I'm giving it away to someone by the end of this contest. The last day for submission will be on September 4, 2009. I want you to write me your story of trials and tribulations in your life and where you are right now in your battle with them. I want you to submit it as an email and send it to cookzie@yahoo.com The winner will receive the pre-owned (pre-loved) book, which is in mint condition, that will definitely help change your outlook and your circumstance in life! It will be a reward you give yourself in this time of tribulation. A reward to help you face your giants. It will be the reward that will lead you to become a giant slayer in the end. So, what are you waiting for? Send your entry now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin